A temporary permit is a travel document valid for one year and issued to people to enable them travel for example from Kenya to Tanzania or within the East-Africa region. Kenyans (Adults and Children) wishing to travel within East African countries are eligible to make the application. In addition to the ordinary passport, Kenyan traveling to EAC Partner State’s can also present a Temporary Permit (TP) for processing for departure. Impala Shuttle does trips from Kenya to Tanzania and a temporary permit can be used to cross Namanga border.
- The first step is to register for an e-citizen account
- Fill in your personal information so to register for an eCitizen account. This includes your Passport number, Name, Email address and nationality to complete the registration.
- Pay prescribed fee
- Print two (2) copies of the duly completed application form and two invoices
- Attached copies of required documents
- Submit at the nearest Immigration office (for Airport) or at point of entry/exit
Required Documents that go together with Temporary Permit
- Original national identification card and its photocopy (for Adults)
- Birth Certificate and its copy for those under 18 years (for children)
- Two colored passport-sized photos
- Two copies of e-Citizen payment invoice
- Two copies of the temporary permit application.
Important Information about Temporary Permit Application
- All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The processing fee is non-refundable.
- Providing false information is an offence and will make your temporary permit invalid.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
- In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact eCitizen
Whenever you need to travel to Tanzania from Kenya and do not have a passport, worry not. You can always opt for a temporary permit. Our drivers at Impala Shuttles or the office staff can help you or guide you through the application. Make sure you make a copy of the permit and also have your original Identification Card with you.