Travelling to Tanzania With Kids

Travelling to Tanzania With Kids

Required Documentation to Take a Child across the Namanga Border

Travelling to Tanzania with kids can be a thrilling experience, but Customs Officers at the Namanga border or any other border are always on high alert for child abduction. Make sure you have your ducks in a row and get them a passport before entering the country—other forms of documentation may be accepted, but it’s best to make sure the officials are satisfied and won’t hold up your Nairobi Arusha trip!

When crossing into Tanzania, ensure that parents or guardians travel in the same vehicle as their children. Kids who are old enough to speak should feel empowered by answering any questions posed by customs officers–just let them know beforehand what might happen so they’re feeling comfortable when it’s time to chat.

Children under age 18 may enter Kenya or Tanzania using the following:

See what documents a child needs to travel to or from Kenya and Tanzania alone or with a parent or relative below:

  1. A valid passport or temporary permit for EA Residents
  2. Yellow Fever Vaccination Card (For kids above 3 years)
  3. Visa if non-resident

Children Traveling without Parents via Namanga Border

If you’re an East African resident, it’s super important to make sure that any young traveler under the age of 18 crossing borders without their parents has a Consent Letter from both guardians. This way, they can cross with peace of mind and travel safely even if accompanied by family or friends instead. So if your little ones are planning on taking a trip, don’t forget this essential step!

When you roll up to the inspection station, border officials will be making their own assessment of the situation. If one parent is present, a few simple questions may suffice for approval – if all goes well, they may even just wave you through. However, taking extra precaution by having a Consent Letter can make things easier; it provides all the information needed in one place and its validatable signatures show that you’ve done your due diligence.

You’re not legally required to have a Consent Letter with an exact format or notarized signature, but bear in mind that both countries’ border officials reserve complete discretion when allowing entrance into their country. Therefore, divorced parents sharing custody of children should bring copies of legal documents plus authorization letters from the other parent; guardians transporting a child should include court orders granting guardianship too!

Crossing the Namanga Border with Groups of Children

When travelling to Tanzania with kids via the Namanga border, the group should be ready to present a letter, on organizational letterhead, with the following information:

  • The name of the group and supervising adult
  • A list of the children on the trip, and the primary address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child

It is also important to make a call to the specific border crossing you will be using to give them a heads up and confirm that you have the proper documentation.

Leave a Reply

Note: Comments on the web site reflect the views of their authors, and not necessarily the views of the transfers internet portal. Requested to refrain from insults, swearing and vulgar expression. We reserve the right to delete any comment without notice explanations.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are signed with *

error: Content is protected !!